jogging...speed walking...local ?young mum seeks pals

Please post general health and fitness related posts here.
missL

jogging...speed walking...local ?young mum seeks pals

Post by missL » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:58 am

hi, just looking for some one to maybe take up jogging, or speed walking with, never done it before and have put heaps of weight on. im a young mum of three, age 28. non smoker. i have only lived in christchurch for around 7 years so need to meet people. would have got a personal trainer in an ideal world, but think apart from expense it would be great to support someone or a few people together to achieve the same and make freinds in prosess! Any ideas?... :D

mrix
Site Admin

Re: jogging...speed walking...local ?young mum seeks pals

Post by mrix » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:11 pm

Hello missL, welcome to the forums :D
I started jogging about 9 months ago and reached a distance of 5 miles twice a week..
Unfortunately I had to have a major operation to remove my spleen about 2 months ago and its put me back a bit. :(
I have started jogging again though :D well half the distance what I done before but basically I jog there and power walk back etc.
Its suprising how you can get you fittness back!
I can be seen jogging from the Avon Beach cafe to around the highcliffe carpark area well on nice mornings like we have had :)
cheers
mrix

Miss M

Re: jogging...speed walking...local ?young mum seeks pals

Post by Miss M » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:27 pm

Hi,

I am also looking for someone to go jogging with. I have just turned 30 and I have three children so could do with toning up a bit!!