Shopping in Christchurch is nothing to shout about.

Please post any up and coming Events here.
orchidman

Shopping in Christchurch is nothing to shout about.

Post by orchidman » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:15 pm

Why is Christchurch shopping so poor ? According to the internet we have a population of about 45000, but as far as I know, no town centre butcher, fish-merchant, dry cleaner etc...
Ringwood has a population of about 13000 - so only 1/4 the size, but has all of these . And no it isn't supermarkets - Ringwood may be even better than Christchurch in them .
It doesn't seem to make any sense - could it be town planning policy ?. This ios not a criticism of the council, just a wild guess. May be someone can give me a more sensible reason ?

Helga22

Re: Shopping in Christchurch is nothing to shout about.

Post by Helga22 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:14 pm

I wish I knew! I'd love to visit a local butcher/fishmonger/greengrocer who sells local produce!

mrix
Site Admin

Re: Shopping in Christchurch is nothing to shout about.

Post by mrix » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Everything appears to be superstores and Internet these days like Ebay, Amazon etc, these are the things I feel are killing shops within the high street.
So many people are using the internet these days, even my mother-in-law said she would never be seen dead using the net to purchase items, these days its hard to pull her away from the PC, its ebay this Amazon that! :))
Cheers
mrix