Christchurch Forum

Christchurch Community Forum Dorset UK
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Research of Family Tree
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:17 pm 

Hello, my name is Faith, I live in Plymouth Devon UK, originally from Bournemouth and my father lived in Willow Way in Christchurch from the fifties until mid seventies when he passed away. I am trying to trace my family tree and maybe some of your residents may be able to help me. My fathers name was James G Whitcher, and my aunty was called Ada Pearce, so if anyone can help me I will be very grateful. Thank you Faith X:)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:33 pm 
Site Admin

Hello there and welcome Faith :)
My mother in law lived at willow way for a fair few years but not in that time period unfortunately. On a brighter note the mother in law explained that she knows someone that is still living there who was there during that time :) she said she would see what she can find out :)
cheers
mrix

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:20 pm 

Thanks for the welcome. Am not quite sure how to use this, so am gradually finding my way round. Have had some helpful from Barnados home re my father but nothing for years from 1925 until August 1975 when he died. I still have family living in the area but they are unable to help. However the name Whitcher is fairly common and there are a lot of them in the Hampshire/Dorset area. Since joining I have been presented with a grandson so have been busy knitting and not much research!!!!
:-w