Christchurch Forum

Christchurch Community Forum Dorset UK
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Moving to Christchurch
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:47 pm 

Hi my husband and I and two children (aged 2 and 9) are planning on moving to Christchurch or surrounding areas. We have visited 3 times in recent months and looked at lots and lots of areas ranging as far north as Verwood, each time we are blown away by Christchurch. My question is :- Being from outside the area I have absolutely no idea of the different areas of Christchurch and surrounding areas. This move has to be 110% right as this will be our final move (big big decisions). What i really need to know is some background information and low downs for some of the areas - Are there any areas that are considered better than others, are there any areas to avoid (more crime than other areas , are some areas considered retirement areas ?etc etc etc ? On our trips to Christchurch we have found many residential areas that are delightful but i am really unaware of the areas themselves. I look at house prices to try and give me some kind of idea of the areas - however for many streets and areas some 3 -4 bed houses are priced around the 350 k mark and other3 - 4 beds, only 1 street away and even on occassions on the same streets are on the market for 230k. As you can imagine with so much variation it is hard to get a real picture for the area. Any information that you can provide however small or large would be absolutely gratefully recieved. I really can't make a mistake with this move.

Any info predominantly on Christchurch, and also thinking of southbourne, bournemouth, Mudeford, highcliffe, new milton, ashley, walkford

Many thanks in advance a very confused Kate ! :(

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:01 am 
Site Admin

I have lived within a 30 mile radius of Christchurch most of my life and around 20 years ago I moved into Christchurch :)
I love the place and have no intention of ever moving anywhere else :)
Its just a beautiful place to live and pretty much surrounded by beaches B-)
You are also close the Bournemouth and Southampton is not really that far by car or train.
Anyone moving here will not regret it :)
I am not going to say what area`s are better than others as it would not be fair.
Best of luck with the possible move.
mrix

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:45 pm 

Thank you so much for the reply - things can't come quick enough for us to move down to Christchurch we are really looking forward to it. Kindest regards Kate

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:21 am 
Site Admin

Best of luck and all the best with the move :)
Cheers
mrix

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:52 pm 

Hi Kate

Did you manage to move here yet? if so I do hope you like it here as much as I do! :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:56 pm 

Haven't moved yet - housing market is awful at the moment and houses are taking soooo much longer to sell. But that doesn't stop us from visiting regularly, infact we have just arrived home from a weekend in bournemoth this weekend. Most enjayable crabbing at Mideford on sat as the weather was glorious. Can't wait for the day we sell our house and are able to move down. However we are quite keen on New Milton as our most favoured area now.

Kindest regards
Kate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:05 pm 

I've been to New Milton on the bus - what an exciting life I lead! At least I am very close to public transport, loads of buses and the railway station close at hand.

If you find somewhere near the New Forest then you'll be in a sort of heaven - not as good as Christchurch IMHO though! :))